What is a Heart Circle?
Heart Circle is made up of 2-8 people you like and trust. These people could be a group of your friends, family members, school mates or work colleagues. You meet regularly either weekly or bi-monthly for one to two hours. The Circle starts off being facilitated by someone who is experienced in how Heart Circle works, but they are designed to function without a specific facilitator.
The purpose of the Circle is to mutually support one another in being more present, open-hearted, aware and awake in Lifeby practicing being that with everyone in Circle. Heart Circle uses a special group format that supports the cultivation of this kind of ‘relational presence’.
These are a few of the benefits of being in your own ongoing Heart Circle:
· Heart Circle allows us to relax with others in the present moment, to move beyond surface chatter and small talk into naturally authentic communication.
· It gives us a reliable way to deal with conflict, third party talk, dominating personalities, and hidden agendas; the things that cripple many of the relationships and groups that we are currently a part of.
· Each Circle experience is unique; never the same. This is because the Circle format supports our innate spontaneity, our intuitive insights, our innocence and shared vulnerabilities. It is a place to see others and be seen as we are without pretense or defense.
· Being in Circle has this amazing way of being profound and fun at the same time.
· Heart Circle helps us develop personal sovereignty and strong boundaries while becoming more open and connected to others.
· It is a place to create friendships and relationships in which we can count on one another in crisis, in celebration, and everything in between.
· Heart Circle gives us palpable access to the circle fieldof our combined energies, wisdom, and empathic sensitivity to one another. The Circle becomes a teacher as we learn to read and feel this energetic field.
· Heart Circle shows us how community is created and how it can be sustained and while ever changing into what each person longs it to be.
· An ongoing Heart Circle provides us with a social safety net in these wildly shifting times.
· More than anything else, it provides a social environment that encourages our waking upout of the illusion that we are alone and disconnected from life and one another. Ultimately, Heart Circle is simply about supporting one another in the opening of our hearts.
"My organization uses Tej’s Heart Circle model as an essential foundational element and without it, the experience I offer my clients would be far less powerful. I can’t express enough how important this work is in today’s world. Tej is a master visionary and one of the most skilled small group trainers I have encountered during my eighteen years of study in this area."
- Christian Pankhurst: Founder, Heart IQ
Heart Circle can take the form of men’s groups, women’s groups, mixed gender circles, family circles, or couple’s groups. Partnerships and marriages can also become ‘a Heart Circle of two’ to create greater intimacy and union.
What A Heart Circle Is Not
It isn't a psychology-based emotional processing group, nor is it an action group with specific goals, or a group that forms around any specific modality or belief. It's not a traditional support or recovery group.
From Tej Steiner: The Creator of Heart Circle:
“For me, the New Frontier in the 21st Century is not so much about technology, space exploration or renewable energy. It's about how we can transform our partnerships, families, friendships, schools, businesses, organizations, and nations so that they support coming into love and connection with one another rather than hindering it. It's about having practical processes that move us out of the Culture of Separation into the Culture of Connection. This is not a utopian fantasy. It's a social imperative. Our future depends upon us waking up with everyone around us.”
"Tej is the true manifestation of heart. I am so very grateful for his compassionate, real and accepting presence as well as all the wisdom he generously shares with so many. I encourage everyone who wants to live a heart-directed, awakened life to spend time in the presence of Tej Steiner and of a heart circle."
- Dennis Rodriguez, author of The Super Human Effect
"I have been doing heart circles with Tej for the last five years. I could not possible say enough about how grateful I am, and all the ways this practice has enriched my life and those around me. I feel it is the foundation to healthy relations, whether it is with families, friends, organizations, marriages or most importantly with yourself. It is a new set point into our evolution by learning how to embody who we truly are, giving it all permission to be and to be loved."
- Acacia Land
"Tej has created a proven process that transforms lives through group interaction. These processes are now in a transferable format that can be taught to therapists, life coaches, councilors, and ministers. His techniques are applicable to individuals, small groups, and larger organizations. The Heart Circle Network will flourish as he trains these group leaders to create more and more heart circles around the world."
- Grant, Phoenix, OR
“Heart Circle has been my ongoing reminder to stay curious, open hearted, and to feel my connection to the collective experience.”
- Jade Hawkes, Ashland, OR
Heart Circles are designed to bring us into the safety and enjoyment of the ‘present moment’ together. As this occurs we relax more deeply and have greater access to the subtle longings of our heart rather than the conditioning of our minds. Knowing what we truly want provides us with moment-to-moment life direction. As we become more present with each other, mutual trust awakens, our strategic defenses melt and we open to love.
Community emerges out of this. Having community gives us a way to live with personal integrity, joy and strength during these rapidly changing times.”
Tej Steiner, Founder of Heart Circle